Dreams /taking an emotional break

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Paula Gee
      Participant

Hi
      I’ve been having counselling for 3 years….have recently.made a tough call to take a break from it so.I can.concentrate on enjoying all the goodness happening in my wee family.unit and so i can truly practise what I’ve learnt around parenting, self care etc…..however (haha!), several.things have happened since I’ve made that decision (which is good right?!) and here I needing to share it to get it.off my chest,and.more sense of it for.myself and to.process it all done.more.
      Things that have happened are….it feels.like I’m accessing memories/feelings from when I was a.child easier more(darkfeelings and big.memories of “my.mum not being there for me), my.children (8yr old twin girls) are totally calling me.out on a few.things (lol classic andit’s bloody awesome they are saying how they feel.and think!), I’ve been having dreams about my mother (me.full.on screaming.at her venting how I feel, I didn’t get to do.that as a kid), a close friend is dealing with deep stuff from.her past (similar mother situation to me), phone call with my.middle.sister about mum not being there for.us as kids and she was so matter of fact and non.emotional about it.all it was.like pulling teeth so tjats.left me feeling deflated and frustrated…..arg! So much for taking a break huh!
      At this stage I am happy to try and process some of this in my.own…as that was also.part of me taking a break from.counselling, learning how to do this gig a bit more!
      first question is dreams…..I’m convinced they have meaning but don’t know how.they work! I’ve never looked into the phycscology of dreams, is anyone got any links I can.go read ago i them.please?
      Secondly, how do I take (what I feel I need), a break from dealing with the deep.emotional stuff….?
      Many thanks!

Paula Gee
      Participant

Excuse my terrible typos! I’m doing this on my tiny phone!!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.